#1702 - As a leader, it’s important that you’re always learning and growing; and one of the best, most accessible ways to continue your learning over time is to grow your leadership library. To help you find your next book, we've asked our recent podcast guests, “What 1-2 books would you recommend every leader have in their leadership library?” This episode features recommendations from Barbara Cave Henricks, President & CEO of Cave Henricks Communications; Rusty Shelton, Senior Marketing Strategist with Advantage Media Group; Scott Mautz, CEO of Profound Performance; and Glenn Hartman, Senior Vice President for Channel Development at Starbucks. Host Dr. Mindy Hall also shares 2 books that have recently made an impact on her.
Recommended books (alphabetical by author)
- Winning From Within: A Breakthrough Method for Leading, Living, and Lasting Change by Erica Ariel Fox
- Do More Great Work: Stop the Busywork. Start the Work that Matters. by Michael Bungay Stanier and Seth Godin
- Mastering the New Media Landscape: Embrace the Micromedia Mindset by Barbara Cave Henricks and Rusty Shelton
- Leading with Intention: Every Moment Is a Choice by Mindy Hall, PhD
- Die Empty: Unleash Your Best Work Everyday by Todd Henry
- How the World Sees You: Discover Your Highest Value Through the Science of Fascination by Sally Hogshead
- Winning Well: A Manager's Guide to Getting Results—Without Losing Your Soul by Karin Hurt & David Dye
- The One Thing: The Surprisingly Simple Truth Behind Extraordinary Results by Gary Keller
- Make It Matter: How Managers Can Motivate by Creating Meaning by Scott Mautz
- Strengths Finder 2.0 by Tom Rath
- Design a Better Business: New Tools, Skills, and Mindset for Strategy and Innovation. by Patrick Van Der Pijl, Justin Lokitz, and Lisa Kay Solomon.
More from these guests:
Enjoy one of our guests' recommendations? Listen to their original conversations on Peak Development Radio:
- Barbara Cave Henricks and Rusty Shelton on Mastering the New Media Landscape
- Scott Mautz on Leaving a Legacy
- Glenn Harman on Creating a Culture of Excitement and Possibility
Want more book recommendations?
Listen to Building Your Leadership Library, Vol. 1 with guests Pepper de Callier, Bill Carmody, Bill Humphries, and Kevin Cashman.