#1410 – In the July-August 2014 edition of Harvard Business Review, Ram Charan published an article titled "It's Time to Split HR." In 2005, Fast Company ran a cover story called "Why We Hate HR." We're having same conversation in 2014 as we had in 2005, as we had 20 years before that. What will it take to change the conversation? What makes it so that in 2020 there is not another article written about how the HR function is not living up to its potential? Mindy Hall talks with HR executives Donna Torelli, Lisa Uthgenannt, and Joan Winterbottom about their reactions to Dr. Charan's article: where they agree, where they differ, and what the HR function must do to shift the conversation.
- It's Time to Split HR by Ram Charan - Harvard Business Review, July-August 2014
- Is It Time to Split HR? A Response to Ram Charan's Article by Mindy Hall, PhD - Growing Your Organization, July 15, 2014
- Do Not Split HR - At Least Not Ram Charan's Way by Dave Ulrich - HBR Blog Network, July 30, 2014
- HR Transformation Is About More Than the Work by Mindy Hall, PhD - Growing Your Organization, May 21, 2010
- Why We Hate HR - Fast Company, August 1, 2005