A high-potential academy for a growing pharmaceutical company.
This company was operating without a plan to develop its top performers of today into its leaders of tomorrow. Without such a plan, they faced the possibility of vacant leadership positions, or worse, executives who lacked the skills and experience to lead effectively.
The Peak Development Solution
To address the leadership development concerns, Peak Development provided a year-long, customized development process for the top 1-2% of high potential executives, including:
- A 3-day launch experience with the high-potential group and senior executives;
- Customized 360-degree feedback and development planning process;
- Strategic business rotations to help maximize effectiveness;
- Action learning to leverage adult learning methodology and provide brainpower on real-life business issues;
- Recommendations for key external development to promote continued learning;
- Group check-in meetings on a quarterly basis throughout the year; and
- On-going executive coaching.
The framework was instrumental in elevating many of the original group members to senior leadership positions, and core components of the process are still in use today as the program continues to evolve with the company's growth.