#1707 - Our series on Accelerating HR's Business Impact continues with Sharlyn Lauby, President of ITM Group, and creator of the popular blog HR Bartender. She talks with Dr. Mindy Hall about the need for HR to change along with its organization, and how a strong focus on Talent Acquisition can be a useful entry point for building business relationships and shifting the function.
Listen to the podcast now using the play button below. Or subscribe on Apple Podcasts or on Stitcher radio on demand to listen to episodes on your computer, on your phone, or on your commute.
This episode is part of our continuing series on Accelerating HR’s Business Impact, which looks at the shifts HR leaders and practitioners are experiencing in organizations today, and asks what HR functions should be doing to prepare themselves for the future. Our first episodes in the series featured senior HR leaders working inside organizations. Now, we're hearing from HR thought leaders: individuals who have direct experience in HR, but who are also writing, speaking, and sparking conversations across the HR function. Links to previous episodes and articles in the series are below. Next up, we'll feature a conversation with Jennifer McClure of DisruptHR, before wrapping up the series with a look at what we've learned. Subscribe now so you're sure to hear them all!
More from Sharlyn Lauby:
- HR Bartender - A friendly place to discuss workplace issues.
More from our series on Accelerating HR's Business Impact:
- Thought Leaders on HR: Tim Sackett - on Peak Development Radio. Fistful of Talent's Tim Sackett joins the program to discuss the importance of talent and performance in today’s organizations, and why HR needs to be more proactive in shaping its own destiny.
- Thought Leaders on HR: Marcus Mossberger - on Peak Development Radio. Dr. Mindy Hall talks with Marcus Mossberger, Senior Director of Healthcare HCM Strategy at Infor, about how demographic changes, technology, and socio-economic shifts are changing how organizations approach HR.
- The People Element of HR Transformation with guest Lisa Calicchio, Executive VP of HR for Wyndham Worldwide - on Peak Development Radio
- Developing HR and Its Leaders - with guest Lisa Uthgenannt, CHRO of LabCorp - on Peak Development Radio
- Rethinking the Delineation between HR Business Partners and OD Practitioners by Mindy Hall, PhD - on the Growing Your Organization blog