#1706 - We continue our series on Accelerating HR's Business Impact with Tim Sackett, President of HRU Technical Resources, contributor to the website Fistful of Talent, and author of his own blog, The Tim Sackett Project. He talks with Dr. Mindy Hall about the importance of talent and performance in today's organizations, and why HR needs to be more proactive in shaping its own destiny.
Listen to the podcast now using the play button below. Or subscribe on Apple Podcasts or on Stitcher radio on demand to listen to episodes on your computer, on your phone, or on your commute.
This episode is part of our continuing series on Accelerating HR’s Business Impact, which looks at the shifts HR leaders and practitioners are experiencing in organizations today, and asks what HR functions should be doing to prepare themselves for the future. Our first episodes in the series featured senior HR leaders working inside organizations. Now, we're hearing from HR thought leaders: individuals who have direct experience in HR, but who are also writing, speaking, and sparking conversations across the HR function. Links to previous episodes and articles in the series are below. In addition to Tim Sackett, upcoming episodes will feature Sharlyn Lauby of HR Bartender, and Jennifer McClure of DisruptHR and Unbridled Talent. Subscribe now so you're sure to hear them all!
More from Tim Sackett:
- Fistful of Talent - Tim Sackett is a contributor to this site, which features opinion from the worlds of HR, recruiting, and talent.
- The Tim Sackett Project - Tim's blog, featuring "A little bit of HR, a little bit of me, and probably more about things I think are funny."
More from our series on Accelerating HR's Business Impact:
- Thought Leaders on HR: Marcus Mossberger - on Peak Development Radio. Dr. Mindy Hall talks with Marcus Mossberger, Senior Director of Healthcare HCM Strategy at Infor, about how demographic changes, technology, and socio-economic shifts are changing how organizations approach HR.
- The People Element of HR Transformation with guest Lisa Calicchio, Executive VP of HR for Wyndham Worldwide - on Peak Development Radio
- Developing HR and Its Leaders - with guest Lisa Uthgenannt, CHRO of LabCorp - on Peak Development Radio
- Rethinking the Delineation between HR Business Partners and OD Practitioners by Mindy Hall, PhD - on the Growing Your Organization blog